With Portland’s wealth of outdoor parks, areas of natural beauty, and active running trails, it easy to keep up with your fitness routine while staying with us at The Westin Portland. Stay motivated by taking advantage of our guided group runs, running maps and more with our hotel’s RunWESTIN™ program.
Our hotel's RunWESTIN running concierges lead a guided group run every Tuesday at 7:00am, rain or shine. Runners of all levels are welcome.
Meet us in the lobby for the guided group runs. Please bring signed waivers, which need to be filled out prior to run.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
We offer maps designed and certified by Runner's World Magazine for Portland running routes around the hotel. Maps are available at the concierge and feature 3 or 5 miles jogging/walking routes from our hotel as well as running tips.
NEW BALANCE GEAR LENDING
We offer New Balance® clothing and shoes for Westin guests to use during their stay for a fee, so you can pack light and stay fit (winter running attire not included).
Simply dial Service Express® and request your shoe and clothing size and they will be conveniently delivered to your guest room. Shoes come with socks that are brand new and apparel is provided fresh and clean. Upon departure, simply leave the items in your room in their carryall. The gear lending fee will be added to your stay portfolio.
RUNNING EVENTS & SHOPS
- Portland Shamrock Run - A St. Patrick's Day celebration marathon that includes live music, a beer garden, and various races that runners of all levels can enjoy. Includes a kids run, 5k, 8k, 15k, and half marathon.
- Bridge to Brews - A 8k or 10k course that takes runners over the Fremont Bridge. Includes live entertainment, a kids activity area and beer festival.
- The Groovy Run - Wear your grooviest costume and participate in this 5k or 10k run down by the waterfront.
- Portland Marathon - Voted as one of the premier marathons in the U.S. for both runners and walkers.
- Sunset on the Springwater - This half marathon, 10k or 5k run takes place on a Saturday evening in the summer. After the run, a barbeque, drinks and live music make it an event the whole family can enjoy.
- Foot Traffic - Purchase a new pair of running shoes and stay up-to-date with all the local races in the area. *SPECIAL OFFER - If you are a guest at the Westin Portland, stop by Foot Traffic and receive a free pair of socks.